If y'all have been following me for any length of time you know that I started a list in two thousand elven of one hundred and one things I wanted to accomplish in one thousand and one days. Goals, dreams, some that I thought were very attainable- others that were dreaming big. A few weeks ago was the end of the 1,001 days. I accomplished 78 of the 101 items. My immediate response would be - ehhh not that good. Since I'm a perfectionist and like to score high on assessments, BUT here's the thing. My mind and heart changed on some of these items. Stuff I was interested in when I started this journey- not so important anymore. And the point is to dream BIG! So ya know- I feel really good about this. I hope to create a new one for the start of 2014. A few items will spill over from this list, but for the most part I'll be dreaming up 101 new "items to accomplish" for the new year. You should totally join me!
START: January 1, 2011 END: September 28, 2013
Complete 101 preset tasks/goals/challenges in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (i.e. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and represent “stretching.”
Why 1001 Days?
It’s all about a realistic deadline. 1001 days (about 2.75 years) allows you several seasons to complete tasks, which is better for organizing and timing things like overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Italicized- means I started working towards the goal
BOLD- means completed
1. Do the morning boot camp workout [so early!!!!] at least one session of it
2. drink only water for a week for 3 weeks
3. Take my vitamins everyday for a month
4. Lose some LBs
5. run a 5k [I ran a 1/2 marathon so I'm counting that instead!]
6. Create a regular workout routine
7. walk to my mailbox [instead of stopping on my drive by] for one month
8. take a karate class and be one step closer to being Sydney Bristow- Yup- no desire to do this… I’ll take my zumba/yoga/running workouts instead!
9. read 5 biographies/autobiographies of people I admire
10. read 10 classics- I only read 8
11. get a second masters degree- I decided I don't want to do this anymore.
12. read 100 books (Here are a few I read: Jane Eyre, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, Girl Who Played With Fire, Girl who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, Something Borrowed, Something Blue, Room, The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mocking Jay, Matched, Crossed, Reached, Gone, Call me Irresistible, Fear, MWF seeking BFF, True Believer, Love Does, The Giver, Safe Haven, The Sky is Everywhere, Avoiding Responsibility, Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes, Being Friends with Boys)
13. Re read a book from high school that was required in an English class- The Giver
14. Eat at 5 new restaurants in Tallahassee [5/5] *Wine Loft, Fuzions, Coosh’s, Sahara, Crape Vine
15. Eat at 5 new restaurants outside Tallahassee [5/5] *Schooners [panama city beach], First Watch [orlando], Wildhorse Saloon + Paradise Park Trailer Resort [nashville], KeKe’s Breakfast Cafe
16. do 20 things I haven’t done off this list 100 things to do in tallahassee
17. go to Europe
18. go to Alaska
19. go to NYC again
20. go to a state I’ve never been to
21. go on a spontaneous trip
22. go skiing
23. see [another] broadway show [on broadway] Saw Sister Act + Book of Mormon!
24. visit 5 museums I’ve never been to
25. go wine tasting in Napa Valley
26. take a cooking class
27. go on a picnic
28. don’t eat out for two weeks
29. try ten foods I’ve never had- Not sure I got 10 because I've tried a lot of foods
31. cook three meals a week at home for a month
32. Learn to make crème brûlée Thanks to my mom I received a torch set for my birthday My first round was okay… but my second set was Delish!
33. go fruit picking (blackberries and blueberries)
34. pray for a different country every week
35. Read the whole bible [chronologically]- I also don’t like this goal anymore…. So I’m just reading my Bible.
36. Memorize a verse every week for three months
37. invite + bring five high school gals to summer yl camp Went to Sharp Top Cove in August!
38. support [shop] three local businesses every month for 5 months
39. only use reusable bags for 6 months
40. back up my computer at least once a month
42. enhance my website skills
43. learn new photography tips + tricks Definitely improved a few skills! But I can always learn more, so technically this could be an in process one too.
44. attend a MTH seminar
45. write a business plan
46. unsubscribe to all the websites I no longer read the emails from Best Day Ever! I could probably do this again in a few months.
47. Shoot pictures in the rain
48. improve my illustrator skills
49. design a line a print/paper products [[stationary, postcards, etc]]
50. watch the lord of the rings movies [0/3]
51. watch season 1 of LOST [maybe the rest if I get hooked] I didn't get hooked
52. watch all the movies in my house that I’ve never seen- impossible
53. make Allison watch Casablanca
54. make a list of everyone I want to send a bday card to in 2011, make & send them!
55. re decorate my bedroom
56. start to make a t shirt quilt w/ my YL shirts
57. create photobooks with pics from the past 5 years
58. make a coffee table book filled w/ original pics
59. when I say “I could make that for cheaper” do it!!
60. paint 4 new pictures
61. send handmade Christmas cards
62. pay off ¼ of my student loans
63. stay debt free [minus my student loans] for all of these 1001 days
64. go one week without spending any money
65. go to a spa for the day with my bffs
66. buy a bookshelf
67. buy a new car
68. get a massage
69. splurge on a dress that makes me feel fabulous
70. take a day off for no apparent reason
71. Learn how to put on makeup [mostly eye shadow] from a professional
72. get my own library card [[instead of using jamies]]
73. go on a date
74. make a list of top ten jobs I would love to have
75. meet 5 new friends who are in the same stage of life as me
76. make a “bucket list”
77. frame my diplomas
78. learn a new skill- I learned how to make creme brûlée, also learned new design tricks!
79. identify 25 things I love about myself
80. identify 10 things I dislike about myself + change them
81. smile at every person I see for a week
82. Give a 100% tip
83. Do an anonymous favor
84. volunteer somewhere [besides YL]
85. send cds with my fav songs [at the time] to random friends
86. have a girls weekend with my friends from high school
87. Send someone flowers for no reason!
88. Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years
89. don’t say anything sarcastic for an entire week
90. Write a hand written letter once a month
91. Be jamies roommate again [she suggested this one]
92. Go to 4 concerts [4/4] Montgomery Gentry [Nashville] Luke Bryan [Valdosta] Sugarland [Tally] Miranda Lambert [Tally]
93. Go to the opera or ballet
94. Go camping
95. Go ballroom dancing
96. Watch the sunrise and sunset in one day
97. buy a newspaper every Sunday for six months- another one that I’m not digging anymore
98. play a favorite game from my youth- kickball
101 in 1001
99. blog about my 101 experiences
100. donate $2 for every goal not completed to Church
101. make a new 101 in 1001 list!